For 7 years and 10 episodes per season; we have watched, wept, whined and waited on Game of Thrones – arguably one of the best TV productions of all times.
We have also learnt a few things and garnered wisdom nuggets dished here and there by some of the show’s most intriguing characters.
Here are 11 of what we consider the best quotes from GoT in all its 7 seasons:
- “When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” – Cersei Lannister
- “All men must die, but we are not men.” – Daenerys Targaryen
- “A ruler who kills those devoted to her does not inspire devotion.” – Tyrion Lannister
- “There is only one god, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death. Not today.” – Syrio Forel
- “Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again – the fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love… illusions. Only the ladder is real, the climb is all there is.” – Petyr Baelish
- “By what right does the Wolf judge the Lion?” – Jaime Lannister
- “Power resides where men believe it resides. It’s a trick, a shadow on the wall and a very small man can cast a very large shadow.” – Lord Varys
- “If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention.” – Ramsay Bolton
- “Anyone can be killed.” – Arya Stark
- “My watch has ended.” – Jon Snow
- “When the snows fall and the white winds blow the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.” – Sansa Stark
The final season of Game of Thrones is due in April!